San Miguel de Allende is a pleasant place framed by precious samples of colonial architecture.
Founded by Fray Juan de San Miguel more than 450 years ago, San Miguel de Allende enjoys one of the best climates in the world. It is a fascinating, bright, seductive city, full of artistic and cultural riches.
You fall in love with San Miguel de Allende. It is difficult to explain but its baroque charm is mixed with the pleasant climate of the mountains, the globalized gastronomy, the accents of the world (they say that there are people of 63 nationalities living there) and in general a bohemian atmosphere that invites you to stay forever.
Below we list some of the reasons why this city has attracted so much attention, establishing itself as one of the favorite destinations, not only to visit but also to live, of many:
- It is one of the cities that represents the culture of Mexico, it is part of UNESCO as Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
- It has a small population. According to data from INEGI in 2010 it had 69,811 inhabitants, so its size is that of a small city. Thanks to this, it offers the comforts of a city but the flavor of village life.
- It is one of the most culturally active places in Mexico: it has a significant number of galleries, cultural events and many artists live here.
- San Miguel de Allende combines a quiet environment (which seduces thousands of American retirees) with a rich offer of activities for any taste and age.
- The unforgettable pink quarry facade of the Parroquia de San Miguel Arcángel.
- It was built only twenty years after the arrival of the Spanish, making it one of the oldest cities in Mexico and one of the few that has kept a small size.
- Commerce: you will find everything from high quality crafts to old and beautiful homeopathic shops.
- Restaurants and hotels: many of them mix contemporary sophistication with a rustic touch, offering rooftop service from where you can enjoy the city in its splendor.
- Historic Center: its 24 blocks invite you to explore them on memorable walks that by themselves are a complete and delightful activity.
- Its climate is very pleasant, its average temperature is usually between 60 and 68 °F.
If your priority in life is to live in a safe, quiet place, and to be able to enjoy the many beautiful things that it offers us; then, REFUGIO 33 in San Miguel de Allende is the right place for you!
If you want to live in San Miguel de Allende, Refugio 33 is the safest option on the market… Contact us and our team of Brokers R33 will assist you and accompany you throughout the process.